Oregon is the 9th most extensive and the 27th most populous of the 50 United States. Salem is the state’s capital and third-most-populous city; Portland is the most populous. Portland is the 29th-largest U.S. city, with a population of 593,820 (2011 estimate) and a metro population of 2,262,605 (2011 estimate), the 23rd-largest U.S. metro area. The valley of the Willamette River in western Oregon is the state’s most densely populated area and is home to eight of the ten most populous cities.
[ ref: All about the state of Oregon]
- Oregon Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of Oregon;
- Oregon Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the Oregon scholarship application;
- Oregon Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and Oregon resident at the time of completing the Oregon scholarship application;
- Oregon Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and payment preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- Oregon Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an Oregon resident, how winning the Oregon scholarship will benefit the state of Oregon.