Oklahoma is a state located in West South Central United States. Oklahoma is the 20th most extensive and the 28th most populous of the 50 United States. The state’s name is derived from the Choctaw words okla and humma, meaning “red people”, and it is known informally by its nickname, The Sooner State. Formed by the combination of Oklahoma Territory and Indian Territory on November 16, 1907, Oklahoma was the 46th state to enter the union. Its residents are known as Oklahomans or, informally “Okies”, and its capital and largest city is Oklahoma City. [ ref: All about the state of Oklahoma]
- Oklahoma Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of Oklahoma;
- Oklahoma Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the Oklahoma scholarship application;
- Oklahoma Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and Oklahoma resident at the time of completing the Oklahoma scholarship application;
- Oklahoma Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and scholarship preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- Oklahoma Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an Oklahoma resident, how winning the Oklahoma scholarship will benefit the state of Oklahoma.