North Dakota is a state in the Midwestern region of the United States, along the Canadian border. The state is bordered by the Canadian provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan to the north, Minnesota to the east, South Dakota to the south and Montana to the west. North Dakota is the 19th most extensive but the 3rd least populous and the 4th least densely populated of the 50 United States. North Dakota was created from the northern portion of the Dakota Territory and admitted to the Union on November 2, 1889, simultaneously with South Dakota. [ ref: All about the state of North Dakota]
- North Dakota Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of North Dakota;
- North Dakota Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the North Dakota scholarship application;
- North Dakota Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and North Dakota resident at the time of completing the North Dakota scholarship application;
- North Dakota Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and scholarship preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- North Dakota Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an North Dakota resident, how winning the North Dakota scholarship will benefit the state of North Dakota.