Minnesota is the 12th most extensive and the 21st most populous of the U.S. states. Nearly 60% of its residents live in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area (known as the “Twin Cities”), the center of transportation, business, industry, education, government and home to an internationally known arts community. The remainder of the state consists of western prairies now given over to intensive agriculture; deciduous forests in the southeast, now cleared, farmed and settled; and the less populated North Woods, used for mining, forestry, and recreation.
[ ref: All about the state of Minnesota]
- Minnesota Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of Minnesota;
- Minnesota Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the Minnesota scholarship application;
- Minnesota Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and Minnesota resident at the time of completing the Minnesota scholarship application;
- Minnesota Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and scholarship preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- Minnesota Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an Minnesota resident, how winning the Minnesota scholarship will benefit the state of Minnesota.