Indiana is a U.S. state located in the midwestern and Great Lakes regions of North America. Indiana is the 38th largest by area and the 16th most populous of the 50 United States. Indiana is the least extensive state in the contiguous United States west of the Appalachian Mountains. Its capital and largest city is Indianapolis. Indiana was admitted to the United States as the 19th U.S. state on December 11, 1816.
[ ref: All about the state of Indiana]
- Indiana Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of Indiana;
- Indiana Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the Indiana scholarship application;
- Indiana Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and Indiana resident at the time of completing the Indiana scholarship application;
- Indiana Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and scholarship preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- Indiana Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an Indiana resident, how winning the Indiana scholarship will benefit the state of Indiana.