Hawaii’s diverse natural scenery, warm tropical climate, abundance of public beaches and oceanic surrounding, and active volcanoes make it a popular destination for tourists, surfers, biologists, and volcanologists alike. Due to its mid-Pacific location, Hawaii has many North American and Asian influences along with its own vibrant native culture. Hawaii has over a million permanent residents along with many visitors and U.S. military personnel. Its capital is Honolulu on the island of O’ahu.
[ ref: All about the state of Hawaii]
- Hawaii Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of Hawaii;
- Hawaii Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the Hawaii scholarship application;
- Hawaii Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and Hawaii resident at the time of completing the Hawaii scholarship application;
- Hawaii Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and scholarship preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- Hawaii Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an Hawaii resident, how winning the Hawaii scholarship will benefit the state of Hawaii.