Alabama is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, Florida and the Gulf of Mexico to the south, and Mississippi to the west. Alabama is the 30th-most extensive and the 23rd-most populous of the 50 United States. At 1,300 miles (2,100 km), Alabama has one of the longest navigable inland waterways in the nation.
[ ref: All about the state of Alabama]
Alabama Scholarships (AL Scholarships)
- Alabama Scholarship Applicant must be a high-school senior and attend one of the high-schools located in the state of Alabama;
- Alabama Scholarship Applicant must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 at the time of completing the Alabama scholarship application;
- Alabama Scholarship Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, and Alabama resident at the time of completing the Alabama scholarship application;
- Alabama Scholarship Applicant must register his/her name and email address, and payment preference with National Academy of American Scholars;
- Alabama Scholarship Applicant must write an essay in 500 words or less why he/she believes that as an Alabama resident, how winning the Alabama scholarship will benefit the state of Alabama.